Why yes, I am easily distracted by shiny things and oooh look at these shiny objects . . .
- This crowd-sourced Thanksgiving poem is lovely and inspiring.
- The simple joy of “No Phones Allowed”—yes!
- Even though I don’t really watch award shows, I would love to see any of these people host the 2019 Golden Globes.
- If you haven’t started your holiday shopping, here are some holiday gift ideas.
- “Today’s problems can’t be fixed by yesterday’s people. They are going to be fixed by tomorrow’s people.”
- ICYMI, Margaret Atwood is writing a new Handmaids Tale book.
- So close to finishing this book. I like it and am enjoying it. The writing is good, and it’s funny. Clever lines of dialogue that describe universal feelings so well like this one: “Strange to be almost fifty, no? I feel like I just understood how to be young.” “Yes! It’s like the last day in a foreign country. You finally figure out where to get coffee, and drinks, and a good steak. And then you have to leave. And you won’t ever be back.” Yet, while the book is good, I don’t find the story riveting and I am not super into it. I can sort of see why it won a Pulitzer but am a little surprised it did.
- “Failure is a feeling long before it becomes a result.” Have been listening to the audiobook version of this book and its so good.
- ‘Tis the season for not only sentimental Christmas movies but also my sappy Christmas books. First up is this one. Doesn’t have the best reviews but my expectations are low anyway.
- What’s better than Hallmark’s Countdown to Christmas movies? Their checklist app. This is one checklist-loving gal’s dream!
- If you’d rather watch a holiday television episode than a holiday movie, Netflix has them for you. I just watched #2 and it was disturbing.
- One of my favorite Christmas songs
- Because this story makes me so happy, hopeful, and warm and fuzzy (with a few tears).
- Because this is good news.
Have a wonderful weekend!