Why yes, I am easily distracted by shiny things—ooh look at these shiny objects . . .
- Inc.’s list of 100 women who are creating jobs and changing the world
- No need to reply
- Colson Whitehead’s new novel sounds like it’s going to be so good—upsetting but good.
- Probably the best writing advice (other than Stephen King’s).
- Thumbs up for this magical book I just finished.
- Also just finished this book, which is simultaneously incredibly good and incredibly horrifying. It’s the true account of the murders of Osage Indians in Oklahoma in the 1920s. What it reveals about human nature terrifies me.
- Have you ever wondered why cats do what they do? Find out about the inner life of cats.
- Appreciation is one of the single most sustainable motivators at work. And yet, we rarely go out of our way to express our thanks.
- This almost made me cry it’s so wonderful and a rarity—something dedicated to women over 40
- The most persuasive word in the dictionary
- I’ve been listening to podcasts, specifically this one lately.
- I’ve been watching The Good Place this season. It’s such a clever and funny show. Michael Shur knows what he’s doing.
- This is the scene from Will & Grace that had me laughing so hard last week.
- Because this made me laugh. Numbers 12 and 33 had me laughing out loud so hard I had tears in my eyes.
Have a wonderful weekend!
(Photograph by Alisa Anton.)