Why yes, I am easily distracted by shiny things and mid-week holidays.
Today feels like Tuesday to me. Yesterday felt like Monday, and the 4th of July felt like a Sunday. This holiday week has thrown me for a loop trying to figure out what day of the week it is. And it’s made it really hard to get back into the groove of work.
Glad to have this weekend to reset and start fresh! It’s supposed to be beautiful out this weekend instead of hot and humid so I’m going to spend as much time outdoors as I can. How about you? What are your plans for the weekend?
Have a wonderful weekend!
Oooh look at these shiny objects . . .
- Crazy photos of fireworks and lightning
- I have a busy month ahead so these tips will help me take care of myself during this time.
- Vacation in Scotland AND work in a bookstore? Yes, please.
- July 4th is Responsibility Day.
- When technology is used for good
- Greta Gerwig is adapting the book Little Women. Already shaping up to be a great cast. I’m so excited about this one!
- Nature really is the best medicine.
- Because this made the book nerd in me laugh.
I finished The Forty Rules of Love, and I loved it! I loved it because there was a fictional story about the Sufi poet and scholar Rumi and his relationship with Shams of Tabriz. Was is it the best book or great writing? No, it wasn’t, and I’m not even sure I would recommend it to others. But I loved the story and the background so much. The modern-day love story wasn’t as strong as it could’ve been but I get where the author was going with it. I also think the author had an agenda behind her Rumi story, which isn’t a bad thing, it’s just sometimes an agenda gets more focus than the story itself. In this case, I think Shafak was trying to shed light on the beautiful aspects of Islam while making a statement about the old rules and interpretations of Islam. Even still, I really enjoyed the book.
Having finished the one book, I started Pachinko by Min Jin Lee, and I love it so far. With summertime and vacations, it’s that time of year when I start reading a few easy beach reads. So I’m looking for some good summer reads. I’ll probably read one or two books from this list.