Why yes, I am easily distracted by shiny things and chocolate chip cookies.
A lot of things have been distracting me this week but there’s one thing that’s been on my mind all week, every day: a fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie. Just one. That’s all I want. But not the crisp kind or flat ones. I want a warm and gooey puffy fresh-out-of-the-oven cookie. Do you ever have times like that when you crave something so badly, you have to have it? What do you do? Do you run out and get the snack or bake a batch of treats? Or do you ignore it and get over the craving?
I am a believer in what you resist, persists, so if you crave some specific type of food, go for it. Because, for me, I’m not satisfied until I have that cookie—or whatever snack I crave. And then I become obsessed. It’s all I can think about, having that cookie. So I might as well have it.
I’m all for eating healthy, and most times I do, but once in awhile nothing will hit the spot like a yummy treat. Guess I’ll be making chocolate chip cookies soon!
Have a wonderful, ooey-gooey weekend!
Oooh look at these shiny objects . . .
- The earnest, imaginative A Wrinkle in Time.
- The longlist for the Women’s Prize in Fiction has been released.
- I would love it if someone could solve the mystery of Amelia Earhart’s disappearance. Maybe this new research can.
- This is brilliant. And I want it for my home.
- It’s possible to have responsible conversations online even when you have opposing views.
- Another reason to love Canada.
- That Spike Jonze, he’s got some talent. Digging his new Apple ad, even if they are late to the game.
- Because this is good news.
- Because this made me go “awwwwww.”
I’ve been reading . . . The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson, and I just started Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt I’m also supposed to start Living a Feminist Life by Sara Ahmed for a book club but I haven’t yet. Going to dig into it this weekend.
I’ve been watching . . . The Voice, sort of. Doing that thing we’re I’m not really watching but have the television on in the background. I am loving Kelly Clarkson on this season. She’s funny, kind, and positive. And that voice!
I’ve been listening to . . . P!nk, Neko Case, Sara Watkins, and Phoebe Bridgers.
Saw P!nk in concert last weekend, and wow, she is incredible. She still does her aerial moves while singing—that is some stamina. AND, I didn’t really realize how well she dances. Check out her dance moves in her video for “Beautiful Trauma.”
(Image found here.)