“Search a beautiful heart, not a beautiful face. Beautiful things are not always good, but good things are always beautiful.”
— Sufi Saying
It’s been awhile since I posted a Good Things Monday. Here’s a few things making me happy lately . . .
- This Tiny Desk concert with Paramore. The first song “Hard Times” is a get-up-and-dance kind of jam, and “26” is so beautiful and moving. I love the line, “Hold on to hope, if you got it. Don’t let it go, for nobody.” It reminds me of a rough time when, for whatever reason, I held onto hope as if it was the one thing no one could take away. The last song “Fake Happy” has the same fun, “sparkly pop” sound as “Hard Times” but these songs are anything but light and fluffy.
- Reading time. I’ve been reading more lately, and I am savoring Four Seasons in Rome by Anthony Doerr. Reading about his time in Rome on a fellowship when he is trying to write All the Light We Cannot See gives me hope as a writer.
- This pumpkin bread recipe—I can’t wait to try it.
- Vacation dreaming—going to Mexico in November and I can’t wait!
- Sunday brunch with friends—dear and new.
- Reminder note from a good friend.
- Waking up to a cold, rainy morning and being able to work from home.
- Guided meditations—went to one last week and was reminded of the healing powers of meditation.
- Getting to wear these warm and cozy slippers again. They are like a duvet for my ice cold feet.
- Countdown to Christmas! It’s that time of year again that makes me so happy: Hallmark holiday movies. I am a sucker for these movies. Nothing beats hunkering down on the couch with a blanket, a cup of tea or glass or wine, a big bowl of freshly popped popcorn, and a holiday movie marathon.
What are some things making you happy lately? Wishing you a Monday full of good things. Make it a great week!
(Pumpkin bread image found here.)