“Search a beautiful heart, not a beautiful face.
Beautiful things are not always good, but good things are always beautiful.”
— Sufi Saying
It’s another Moments that Matter Monday, aka good things or slices of joy. Here are some things making me happy lately . . .
- Summer cookouts and summer nights out on my building’s rooftop deck with a beautiful view of the city in the backdrop.
- That feeling when you find a product you actually love. I mean a product that is seriously something that makes you feel so good—when you try it, it just makes you happy. I discovered this natural rose oil/serum from an organic, small-batch, woman-owned skincare company. It’s soooooo good and smells lovely. When I put it on, I feel like I am giving my skin lots of love and care. (Also makes you feel good supporting a small-business owner with integrity.)
- The joy of reading a really great book that delights you, that is new and different, and that moves you. Even better, the joy of spending a blissful day—yep, a full day—doing nothing but reading.
- Summer concerts in the park. We had a great picnic at Ravinia Park and listened the Beach Boys. People got up from their blankets and danced. Beach balls were volleyed around the park, from one group to another. It was so much fun!
- Podcasts! I am loving listening to podcasts as I’m getting ready for work or going out. I especially love NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour and Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me!
- Watching dogs play in the dog park. This never fails to raise my spirits. They are so playful, free, and spontaneous—and the dogs always look like they are having the best day of their lives.
What are some things making you happy lately? Feel free to share, and make it a great week!
(Image found here.)