It’s a “Moments that Matter” Monday. Here are some of my recent “slices of joy,” aka, experiences that made me happy . . .
- After my morning shower, when I first put on my body lotion and my dry skin soaks it up. I can almost hear my skin say “thank you.”
- Discovering a new poet—new to me, that is. I love reading the poems in the NYT Sunday Magazine. I have fallen in love with the poetry of Bill Knott through the NYT.
- A beautiful bouquet of ranunculus flowers—the layers upon layers of petals are delicate, lovely, and seemingly infinite.
- That moment in the morning when I first feed my cats, and they are so happy and excited. As they are waiting, they love on each other, rubbing their heads together. My cat Boomer does a happy dance—really he does!—with his back legs as he happily waits for food.
- Discovering new music from a Croatian-Dutch woman at a small shop in Amsterdam, and then later stopping back in the shop and sharing a glass or two of Prosecco with her and simply chatting about life.
- Seeing the International Peace Palace at The Hague and feeling awe, gratitude, and hope for the work done there to create peace in our world.
Make it a great week!
(Image found here.)