Good things come to those who wait. At least that’s my excuse for my late Monday Morning post.
I read this post from one of my favorite blogs, and it got me thinking again about bringing good things into my life. It’s easy to focus on the problems in our lives or what we don’t have or the not-so-good things. What if we talked about the good things? (And believe me, there are good things.)
Some good things . . .
- A day spent reading—all day. I just did this recently, and it was heaven.
- Something yummy and satisfying and healthy without really tasting healthy. I made a really yummy oatmeal bowl for breakfast with coconut milk, almonds, flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Delicious!
- Walking outside, even if it’s for five minutes, and feeling the sun on my face and the summer breeze on my skin.
- The city at dusk. I’m really lucky to have a great place in the city with big windows facing southwest. I get to see the sunset reflecting off the downtown buildings. The colors are indescribable, and no matter what I’m doing at home, it always makes me stop and look and breath.
- Helping others and being kind. This is one I sometimes forget, but it feels good to go back to. A friend posted this on Facebook today, and I didn’t hesitate. I donated a small amount of money to help a Chicago schoolteacher fund a library for her students. Schools have such small budgets for supplies and books (that aren’t the core textbooks). Often teachers pay for these things out of their own pocket. I think it’s great that this teacher is asking for help from the community.
What are some good things happening in your life? (I know there are!) Think about your day today, yesterday, or the day before, and come up with your own list.
Make it a great week!
(Image found here.)