But along with summer in the city comes . . .
- Loud motorcycles, like the super zoom-zoom annoying ones
- Slow-walking tourists
- People on motorcycles, bicycles, or scooters who play their radios loudly. I seriously saw a guy on a scooter with his radio on NPR Talk Radio super loud for us all to hear. Dude, can you even hear it when you are zip, zip, zipping?
- Sidewalk walkers who seem to think they can turn around and sneeze, not caring that other people are walking behind them. (This just happened to me the other day. Gross!)
- Sidewalk-walking smokers. Yes, you have the right to smoke, and I have the right to NOT breath in your smoke as I walk behind you.
- Is it just me, or is spitting some hip thing to do now? I have seen more people—men and women—spitting out on the sidewalk.
- Street fests (both a good thing and bad thing)
- And, finally, WTF with the doublewide strollers??? Why in god’s green earth would you get a doublewide stroller and put your kids in and go to a crowded street fest? These things are as large as a smart car—maybe even bigger. Smart cars aren’t allowed in street fests or in a store, so why should doublewide strollers be any different? We have to part like the Red Sea to let these doublewide strollers through somewhere they shouldn’t even be. Maybe parents are in such a zombie-like state from lack of sleep, that they don’t even see the damage caused as the doublewide goes through the aisles, knocking items off store shelves. Or maybe parents just want out of the house so badly they are willing to do whatever it takes. But do I have to suffer too? Why can’t they get those single-sided, two-seater (front and back) stroller? Or what happened to those slim and trim strollers of yesteryear. Sigh. I miss those. For the love of god, get rid of those doublewides. Why not carry your kid? Or, use a smaller stroller. Or how about a wagon? Best yet . . . STAY HOME. (Yeah, I said it.) A crowded, drunken, loud street fest is no place for your kid anyway.